Nichol McKay Limited is committed to protecting your personal information and complying with data protection rules and regulations including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This policy describes how we collect, use, store and disclose your personal information.
Nichol McKay Limited is the data controller in respect of personal data processed under this policy. Nichol McKay Limited’s company number is SC063627 and registered address is Nichol McKay Limited, Building 190, Prestwick International Airport, Monkton, Prestwick, KA9 2SB. Nichol McKay Limited sells its products directly to its customers from the address above.
This policy applies to any personal information provided by you, that clearly identifies an individual/s and/or the specific data that could be used to easily identify them, through the Nichol McKay website (www.nicholmckay.com) or provided directly to Nichol McKay through other means such as, but not limited to
- customer enquiry whether by email, phone or other means
- customer purchase order or customer request for quotation
- supplier quotation, supplier delivery note
- job application/submission of CV
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
Nichol McKay collects personal information about you to inform you about, and provide you with, Nichol McKay Products or services, to deal with any enquiries you may have about them and to improve and develop these for the future.
Nichol McKay may additionally collect personal information about you in relation to a specific or speculative application for employment.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Nichol McKay collects the following types of personal information about you:
- Forename and surname
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Company Name
- Details of the Nichol McKay Product you are interested in
- Employment and educational history (job applicant/CV submissions only)
HOW DO WE RECEIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
Nichol McKay receives this personal information about you:
- When you contact us directly by phone or by email or when you visit the Nichol McKay website (www.nicholmckay.com) to request a quote for a Nichol McKay product or service or to make a general enquiry
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
Nichol McKay uses this personal information about you:
- To identify who you are when you contact us
- To provide you with the Nichol McKay Products or services you have requested and to understand the relevant Nichol McKay Products you may be interested in
- To contact you regarding your Nichol McKay Products to answer your technical queries or general enquiries
- To resolve complaints or issues you may have with a Nichol McKay Product or service
- To send you marketing information about Nichol McKay Products or services, where you have consented for us to do so
- To invite you to Nichol McKay events you may be interested in, where you have specifically consented for us to do so
- To contact you regarding a current or previous job application or CV submission
Nichol McKay DO NOT provide any facility for customers to create an account for our web site (www.nicholmckay.com) and we do not offer any facility to process online orders or online payments, for example credit cards, via our web site.
HOW WILL WE CONTACT YOU?
Nichol McKay may contact you by post, telephone, email and/or text message, but only where you have given direct consent to do so, or where indirect consent can clearly be implied (for example supplying an order update to a customer, responding to a job applicant)
WHO DO WE PROVIDE THIS PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
Nichol McKay will typically not share any personal information about the individuals that this policy applies to with any other third party organisation
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
All personal information we have about you is stored on secure servers operated by Nichol McKay. Access is granted only to staff members who need access to your personal information needed to perform their functions, and they may not use it for other purposes.
Nichol McKay operate from a single UK office located at Prestwick International Airport, Monkton, Prestwick, KA9 2SB and this is currently the only location at which your data will be stored and from where it will typically be accessed. For any future transfer of data, for example transferring secure server storage to the ‘cloud’, Nichol McKay will use appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with the Data Protection legislation in connection to such transfers or processing of your personal data.
Your personal information may be held in Nichol McKay records (computer and paper based) for at least ten years to allow Nichol McKay to manage our relationship with you. Nichol McKay will carry out periodic data cleanses of this information to ensure that it is up to date and accurate.
You have the following rights in connection with your personal information processed by Nichol McKay:
- ACCESS – you can request access to your personal information and further details about how your personal information is handled by Nichol McKay
- OBJECT – you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes or where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Nichol McKay or by a third party
- RECTIFICATION – you can request rectification of any incorrect personal data held about you
- ERASURE – you can request erasure of any personal data where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Nichol McKay or by a third party
You have the right at any time to withdraw consent to receiving marketing from Nichol McKay and/or to amend the delivery method we use. To manage your rights and delivery preferences please contact us at:
Post: Data Protection Officer, Nichol McKay Limited, Building 190, Prestwick International Airport, Monkton, Prestwick, Ayrshire, KA9 2SB, United Kingdom.
You can also exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided above.
If you are concerned or have questions about how Nichol McKay handles your personal data please contact us and we will do our best to assist you.
Please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (or any other appropriate supervisory authority), which may be accessed through the following link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.