Nichol McKay Ethics Statement
As a responsible ethical organisation Nichol McKay commit to operating within the following guidelines:
Understanding and Commitment
- Ensure consistent understanding of business ethics across the organisation.
- Continually enhance knowledge of all relevant laws and regulations of the United Kingdom and Europe.
- Commit to eradicating unethical business practices including bribery, fraud, corruption and human rights abuses, such as modern slavery and child labour.
- Conduct all business relationships with respect, honesty and integrity, and avoid causing harm to others as a result of business decisions.
- Treat all stakeholders fairly and impartially, without discrimination or favour.
- Actively support and promote corporate social responsibility (CSR).
- Avoid any business practices which might bring the company into disrepute.
- Implement apropriate Policies based on perceived risk, to drive unethical practices from the business.
- Ensure business decisions minimise any negative impact on human rights and the environment whilst endeavouring to maximise value and service levels.
- Ensure the education and training of staff involved in sourcing, supplier selection and supplier management to professional standards.
- Practise appropriate due diligence in all business undertakings.
- Accept accountability and take ownership of business ethics.
- Foster a culture of leadership by example.
- Foster an environment to prevent, report and remedy unethical practices.
- Provide a safe environment for the reporting of unethical practices.